Saturday, August 1, 2009

Crash & Burn

Today

Dan and Rob survived a plane crash that killed their pilot. Had Rob been knocked unconscious, they would have died as well. But they are in the hospital in Nairobi, Kenya.

Dan with a broken collarbone
Rob with 6 stitches
Both with burns and cuts

The pilot left behind wife and children
The co-pilot badly injured and I do not know his current condition.

Dan and Rob are leaving Africa. They will not continue filming "Give a Damn?"


I have never screamed at God as much as I did today.
I screamed
and screamed
and screamed

I am so angry with you! I said again and again. I don't understand!

All of our hard work for the past year and a half
to be left unfinished
With the prayers of thousands of people
Still my boys were not kept safe.

God I just don't understand why you allow these things to happen
I don't get it
I don't want to believe it
My friends could have died!
They were making a film about poverty
I thought that's what You cared so much about so why wouldn't You bless them?

I cannot deal with it
Our documentary has cost someone their life


I just don't understand
http://twitter.com/giveadamndoc

1 comment:

  1. He knows what He's doing. I have no clue, no answers, no nice words. But He does. Just wait for it.

    ReplyDelete