Saturday, August 22, 2009

Joined

Tonight

I came home after the last SOS skit practice to the arms of Sarah, the final roommate, her clock, her credenza, her art magazine, her clothing mixing with mine and Lexi's on the floor, her dinnerware, her leather purses.

Then joined by Tay Rae
Then joined by Beau and Caleb
Then many others until I was a little overwhelmed. The house is quiet now but I feel noisy inside. Too much to think about.

Not just SOS!:
but the anxiety of this year (I think talking with Jake so much today made this worse just because he is part of that stressful world though I love his fire and his spirit--it's still guilty association, sorry Jake.)
and not just the anxiety of this next year, but Lord in heaven, Kyle's script and the Biola film buzz in my head. The characters visit me at odd times like ghosts that come in through the walls and sit in stillness on the furniture. I can't make them leave except when SOS demands much more attention. I told Tay. I told Jake. It looks like I am pitching this thing. I can't back out now. I hope to hopes I get this job. I hope Kyle reads the Bell Jar like I asked him to. I kinda miss that kid. I don't miss summer. I definitely miss Jenny and Liz.

1 comment:

  1. The Bell Jar = perfection. Kyle has never read it? That makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete