Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I have a lot of stress

but it is not the kind of stress that makes me panicky. I feel okay. Probably because I know that the stress will be over once the house stuff is figured out and SOS is over with and school is in swing for a week. I know stress will find me again, but for now I focus on the light at the end of the tunnel which is shining a few yards from my fingertips.

if the birds and flowers survive, then I'll be okay too, ya know?

I have some anxiety about school.
I have decided to pitch a script for the Fall Biola Film. I didn't plan on doing this. It just happened. I read the three scripts that are up for pitchin' (Lisa sent them to everyone to get people to apply). One thing led to another and before I really have time to process, I sent in my app and now I am working on a killer pitch through which I need to communicate how much I believe in this story.

Today

Kyle and I met to discuss the script, rewrites, visions, color palettes, the score. He was very encouraging which is what I think I really needed--someone to be like "I believe in you". When he asked how I wanted the film to look, I showed him some of my favorite paintings by Alyssa Monks. He was especially entranced by Welcome To. He said, not that he wasn't sure before, but now he was very sure that I would do a good job.

I needed to hear that. Because that was my worry. Not as much my worry now. And hopefully if Kyle can believe it, the whole preproduction class can too. Wish me luck. Pray a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment