Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feel

I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast, and when I run, I feel His pleasure.

I love this quote from Chariots of Fire.

Really makes me think what is it that I do that when I do it, I feel God's pleasure?

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything. I can feel my own pleasure, but is that the same difference? I believe God takes joy in our joy.

The only thing that I feel I can say I feel an intense otherworldly joy is by encouraging people. I love the SOS Encouragement Box. I believe one should exist for every class period at school. I love sending people encouragement through emails or even facebook messages. I feel a very frightening joy from that because while I do it, I know I do it because I feel a very profound sadness that I am trying to counter. The strong and confident don't need encouragement. THe weak, broken and struggling definitely do. It is necessary and I'm glad to do it. Eager. 

1 comment:

  1. This was really inspiring to me. I used to write people notes of encouragement way more often than I do now, and I stopped for the wrong reasons. I was reminded of one of my absolute favorite mini passages, 2 Corinthians 1:3-7. It's so special to me and I'm glad to be able to strive towards it again. Good to hear that someone else is, too! I love you so much, Felicia!

    xo,
    m

    ReplyDelete