Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Downs


[credit john carter]

Somedays, like today

the small joys, potent though they can be
do not even make a dent
in the great mountain
that is the disappointment the day can bring

I began this blog because I needed to convince myself
That though this summer has been full of disappointment
 and Murphy's Law has wrought havoc on my life,
there are still sweet moments every day
that I can thank my Lord for
and rejoice in the wonder of existence 

But sometimes I fail to convince myself and I am left with
all the things that the small joys are in effort to erase
The disappointment
The anger
The depression
The regret
The restlessness
The loneliness

Today

I told my dad that if things don't change,
I'm finding somewhere else to live for the rest of the summer

Please pray for me
Things have been very hard for a long time
and all the quiet things
are becoming deafening 
I am exhausted.
My energies are spent.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. Praying for you, Lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at your pictures from this summer and it seems like it hasn't been a disappointment. Not at all. You've been able to spend time with friends, and I'm jealous...

    Felicia, I'm praying for you. God is such a good God. He has blessed you. In so many ways. I miss you a lot. I wish I could hug you!

    ReplyDelete